😳😢😍 This article was co-authored by wikiHow staff writer, Aly Rusciano. Aly Rusciano is a Creative Writer based outside of Nashville, Tennessee. She has over ten years of experience in creative, academic, and professional writing. Aly’s writing has been nationally recognized in the Sigma Tau Delta Rectangle and featured in Blue Marble Review, The Sunshine Review, PopMatters, and Cathartic Literary Magazine. She graduated from The University of Tennessee at Martin with a BA in English, focusing in Creative Writing and and minoring in Theatre.
There are 10 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page.
This article has been viewed 3,736 times.
😳😢😍 Curious about sun water? When left in the sun, water can harness magical healing and energizing properties. This charged water is often used in witchcraft for spells and rituals to strengthen spiritual energy. In this guide, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about sun water, from how to make it to how to use it. So, fill those glasses and step outside because we have magic to do!
Section 1 of 3:What is sun water?
- Sun water is water that’s charged in the sun for spiritual healing and spells. The sun’s cosmic energy is infused in the water, making it the perfect channel for spells, cleansing, and healing rituals. Once charged, sun water holds positive, encouraging, and uplifting properties that can be used to douse negative energy and strengthen self-confidence.
- The sun’s spirit is thought to be a physical force in witchcraft.
- Sun water can aid in physical well-being, rebirth, and anything ego-related.
- Moon water is the polar opposite of sun water, as it’s charged under the moon and represents emotional well-being.
Section 2 of 3:How to Make Sun Water
- 1Fill a clear glass jar with water. Opt for a container with a resealable lid, such as a mason jar. This will help keep outside elements out of your freshwater.XResearch source
- The container must be glass and clear for the water to take in all the sun’s energy. The sun’s rays are full-spectrum, and a colored container or glass would block the light from charging the water.XResearch source
- 2Hold the jar of water in your hands and set an intention. Ask yourself what you want from the universe and turn that want into a mantra. Take the jar of water in your hands and close your eyes, visualizing what you want as you speak your mantra into existence.XResearch source
- For example, your intention might be "I am courageous," "I make peace with change," or "I have a happy and healthy life."
- Stay away from "I want," "I need," and "I hope" statements. Although you want something from the universe, you have to imagine it like it’s already happened.
- Setting an intention on sun water is very similar to the practice of charging crystals with intentions.
- 3Set the jar of water in a sunny area. This could be on a sun-filled windowsill or outside on the ground. All in all, the perfect spot is one in direct sunlight.XResearch source
- If you choose to place your water outside, consider resting it on sand, gravel, dirt, or rock. These materials conduct the Earth’s natural energy, so your water will be charged with sun and earth elements!XResearch source
- Sun water will take on the properties of the astrological sun it’s under. For example, if you charge water under a Capricorn sun, it’ll have driven and ambitious characteristics on top of its sun characteristics.
- 4Leave the water to charge for at least 3 hours. You’ve filled your glass, set your intention, and know all that’s left to do is wait for it to charge. The water will be charged in 3 hours, but it’s recommended to leave it out for longer. Try leaving it out from dawn till dusk on one or multiple days.XResearch source
- If you want to leave your water outside in the sun for more than one day, remember to bring it inside when the sun starts to set. You don’t want the moon’s energy affecting your sun water.XResearch source
Section 3 of 3:How to Use Sun Water
- 1Drink sun water. Sun water is a rejuvenating source of energy that’ll have you feeling good in no time! Try taking a few sips of sun water when you’re feeling low or need a quick pick me up. Its positive energy will help balance any negative energies.XResearch source
- Remember, sun water takes on characteristics of the astrological season. If you take a sip of sun water charged under a Virgo sun, you may feel more productive and organized.
- If you’re planning to drink your sun water, make sure the water you originally filled your glass container with is clean and safe to drink.
- 2Cleanse crystals with sun water. Rather than infusing energy like moon water, sun water releases energy. When a crystal is put in sun-charged water, the energy within the crystal is released, cleansing it. Consider dropping a crystal in a jar of sun water to cleanse it before its next charge.XResearch source
- The energy that’s released from the crystal will be transferred to your sun water, changing the energetic properties of the water.
- 3Add sun water to a bath. A cup or so of sun water to a soothing bubble bath can help your body and spirit heal. The sun water’s energy will add a splash of positivity and vitality, so hop right in and see how you feel!XResearch source
- Think of it like cleansing crystals, but you’re the crystal.
- Sun water baths are great for when you’re doubting yourself or feeling under the weather.
- 4Perform spells and rituals using sun water. Sun water is often used to heal, protect, encourage, cleanse, and create. The positive, warm energy of sun water is a great base for spells or charms that need water, such as a protection spell or enchanted protection charm.XResearch source
- Infused sun water that was used to cleanse crystals can also work when casting spells or performing rituals. Just remember that the water’s energy is now whatever the crystal’s energy was before it was cleansed.