🤒😛🤥 This article was co-authored by wikiHow staff writer, Maddie Holleman. Maddie Holleman is a Technology Writing Intern for wikiHow. Alongside writing many articles on technology and social media, Maddie has previously worked as a social media strategist and publicist for two organizations and has been using social media for years. She is currently pursuing a degree in Anthropology and Digital Studies at Davidson College.
The wikiHow Tech Team also followed the article's instructions and verified that they work.
This article has been viewed 3,604 times.
🤒😛🤥 If you need to right-click a link or tab on your iPad without a mouse, you've come to the right place. For most cases, simply tap and hold the screen for a few seconds until a menu of options appears. This wikiHow guide will teach you how to right-click links, webpages, and apps on an iPad.
Method 1Method 1 of 4:Links
- 1Locate the link. Go to the page with the link you want to right-click.
- 2Tap and hold on the link. Using your finger, tap on the link and hold for a couple of seconds until the context menu pops up.Advertisement
- 3Explore the right-click menu options. On links, the right-click options often include actions such as Open,Open in Background, and Open in New Private Window. Tap on any of the choices listed in the menu.
- This method can be used on any type of link, including embedded links and image links.
Method 2Method 2 of 4:Webpages
- 1Open your browser. On your iPad, enter your web browser app.
- Safari is the default web browser for iPad, so use this app if you haven't installed one yourself.
- 2Go to a tab. Tabs will appear either at the top or bottom of your screen, depending on your browser. Tap on the tab you want to right-click.
- If you only have one tab open, skip this step.
- 3Press-hold on the tab. Tap and hold on the tab at the top of the browser. This action will pull up all of the context menu options.XResearch source
- This menu will list the options to Copy the tab, Close Other Tabs,Arrange Tabs By Title, and Arrange Tabs By Website.
- The press-hold action can also be done to highlight, copy, and paste sections of text on any application.
Method 3Method 3 of 4:Apps
- 1Go to your home screen. Navigate to your home screen by opening your iPad, by pressing the home button, or by swiping up on the bottom of your screen.
- 2Find an app. Once on your home screen, swipe to the page with the app you want to right-click.
- 3Press-hold on the app. Tap on the app and hold for a couple of seconds. This action will bring up the right-click menu.
- The right-click menu will list the options to Edit Home Screen,Share App, and Delete App. Depending on the app, more choices may be listed.
Method 4Method 4 of 4:iMessages
- 1Open iMessage. On your iPad, navigate to the iMessage app.
- 2Go to a conversation. From the menu on the right, tap on a conversation.
- 3Press-hold on a message. Hold your finger down on a message in the conversation to pull up the right-click menu.
- The options on the right-click menu in iMessage include Reply, Copy, and More.... Tapping the More option allows you to select and delete messages from the conversation.
About This Article
1. Find a link or tab.
2. Tap and hold on the link or tab.
3. The right-click menu will appear.